IATDMCT Young Scientist Prize
for Selection of the Best Young Scientist oral presentation and
Best Young Scientist poster Prizes
The IATDMCT executive has decided to award two prizes to the Young Scientists at the biennial IATDMCT meetings, one for the best oral presentation and one for the best poster, as follows:
Best Young Scientist oral presentation and Best Young Scientist poster
• The two winners will be awarded the sum of $ 750 each.
• These prizes are reserved, according to the regulations of the Young Scientists group, to IATDMCT members aged 40 years or younger.
• The jury will be made up of the chair and at least 2 other members of the Young Scientists’ committee.
• Both awards will be presented by the President at the Closing Ceremony of each biennial meeting.
The following rules will have to be followed for selecting the awardees:
• Only members of IATDMCT, with up-to-date subscriptions, will be eligible for selection.
• They will have to be registered and present at the congress.
• They will have to apply for one or both Prizes when submitting the abstract.
• After a first selection of the ca. 10% best oral presentations and posters, the following criteria will have to be evaluated by every member of the jury independently, each ranked between 0 and 5 (5 being the best mark):
o Originality, scientific or clinical importance• Jury members shall not vote, if one of their colleagues/coauthors are pre-selected.
o Quality of the poster, its presentation and answers to the questions
o Quality of slides, oral presentation and answers to the questions
• In case of equal top marks for a given prize, the jury will deliberate and then a vote will be held to select the recipient of the award by "simple majority".
• The same person should not be awarded both of these prizes, unless duly justified by exceptional achievements in the jury’s opinion.