International Travel Grant
Terms of Reference
Deadline to submit application: April 30, 2013
What are they?
A limited number of International Travel Grants are available to help offset travel expenses to attend the IATDMCT Congress.
• Grants are not intended to cover all costs of attending the meeting
• Funding is limited to actual expenses and cannot exceed a maximum of USD 2,000
• Those who receive the grants must provide receipts for their expenses.
• Reimbursement based on receipts submitted will be disbursed at the Congress.
• Successful applicants will receive a free Congress registration. Workshop, roundtable, and social event fees are not included and must be purchased by the applicant.
Who is eligible?
• Applicants must be one of the following:
o A scientist with 10 years or less experience in the field of TDM or clinical toxicology; or
o Scientist from a developing country as identified in the IATDMCT membership application.
• Applicant must be a member in good standing (paid to date) of IATDMCT.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have submitted an abstract which has been accepted for presentation at the Congress.
• Applicant must be able to demonstrate consistent activity in the field of either Therapeutic Drug Monitoring or Clinical Toxicology.
• An individual may only receive one Travel Grant.
How to apply
• Applicants must present evidence that by attending the Congress, benefit will accrue not only to the individual, but also to other scientists in the applicant’s country.
• The level of support is entirely at the Board’s discretion within the limits of the IATDMCT International Travel Grant Fund.
• Preference will be given to applicants who are members of IATDMCT that have an abstract accepted for presentation at the Congress.
• Monies will be paid on attendance at the Congress.
• Applications should take the form of:
1) Completed application form, also available in Word format
2) Letter from work supervisor on institution letterhead supporting the application and indicating that full funding is not available to send the applicant to the Congress;
3) Current C.V.;
4) Available Resources statement (see application form);
5) Statement of Benefits statement (see application form).