Anti-infective Drugs Committee
Last update: August 2012
Chair: Eliane M Billaud, Paris Descartes University, Medical School, Hôpital Européen G Pompidou, Paris, France. email@example.com
Background/Purpose of the Committee
The Anti-Infective Drugs Committee was proposed to replace the Antifungal Drugs Committee during the past IATDMCT Congress in Stuttgart. The Executive Committee has confirmed this change in December 2011.
The new version of our Committee will cover the TDM of Anti-Infective drugs, except of course Antiviral Drugs for HIV and Hepatitis, still charged by the HIV Drugs Committee.
Anti-Infective Drugs TDM is a challenging issue. The availability of LC(MS) methods offers the potentiality to move from microbiological assays to physical-chemical procedures for the determination of these drugs in biological samples. It also provides several different drugs determination per run in a turnaround time that meets clinical relevance. The previous experience realised with the Antifungal Drugs Committee could be easily extend to other Anti-Infective Drugs, in particular the interplay with specialised fields of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Underlying diseases.
Chair: Eliane M Billaud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice chair: Jan-Willem Alffenaar (email@example.com)
b. Committee Membership List
Regular members have joined the Committee
Delphine ALLORGE (Lille, FR). Delphine.ALLORGE@CHRU-LILLE.FR
Roger BRUGGEMANN (Nijmegen, NL). R.Bruggemann@akf.umcn.nl
Maria CUSATO (Pavia, IT). firstname.lastname@example.org
Thierry GOUGNARD (Liège, BE). TGOUGNARD@chrcitadelle.be
De-Chun JIANG (Beijing, CN). email@example.com
Rafael LINDEN (Novo Hamburgo, BR). firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie MARRIOTT (Sydney, AU). email@example.com
Michelle MORETON (London, UK). firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael NEELY (Los Angeles, CA, USA). email@example.com
John RAY (Sydney, AU). firstname.lastname@example.org
Mario REGAZZI (Pavia, IT). email@example.com
Denise MacKEOWN (London, UK). firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandrine LEFEUVRE (Orléans, FR). email@example.com
Barbara VADNAIS (Montréal, CN). firstname.lastname@example.org
Christian WOLOCH (Paris HEGP, FR). email@example.com
Minutes of last Committee meeting
The last Committee meeting took place in Stuttgart by October 3, 2011.
Attendance was achieved by the following members (EM Billaud, JWC Alffenaar, D Allorge, M Regazzi, M Neely, BS Jacobs after R Brugemann). Some others have been met during the meeting (T Gougnard, W Hope, B Vadnais, D Mac Keown, DC Jiang)
New members, Chair and Vice-Chair continued
Next Vice-Chair, ongoing position in 2013 : Mario Regazzi
Rationale for a change from Antifungal to Anti-Infective Drugs Committee; frontiers and interplay with the HIV Drugs Committee were discussed and finalized.
Report of the 2011 Committee will be presented in the June, 2012 Compass Issue
- focus some Anti-Infective Drugs issues (Colistin, Antivirals Ganciclovir and Aciclovir, Antibacterials, physical-chemical LCMS procedures for the determination of these drugs in biological samples, as several different drugs determination per run in an appropriate turnaround)
- Anti-Infective Drug-to-Drug Interactions
- expand the strong representation already available in Europe to cover all the continents, with a first collaboration with Australia and the ANZMIG chaired by D Marriott, a collaborative approach with M Neely (US)
- take the opportunity of young scientist members in the Committee to favour links and educational…
- develop the participation of this area in the next Congress after a first Symposium (S7) in Stuttgart which received a nice attendance
We are very grateful to the Executive Committee for their kind agreement to this change.