Dear IATDMCT Members,
Welcome to the Young Scientist corner of the IATDMCT website! Read about the IATDMCT Young Scientists (YS) and their latest activities! The IATDMCT YS initiative began in 2005 and since then their activities have become an integral part of the association (History). Meet the Young Scientist Committee (YSC) who plan and coordinate the YS activities. The aims of the YSC is to promote the interests of YS; ranging from reduced membership and congresse fees, to contact opportunities with peers and established members, and to enocurage YS to be part of the associations activities. Our activities include: contributing articles to the “YS Corner” of the Compass (IATDMCT quarterly newsletter, YS only events during the biennial IATDMCT Meetings and using the YS Corner of the IATDMCT Website to keep YS up to date. We welcome all IATDMCT members under the age of 41 to join in on our activities. Of course, we encourage all those who are not yet IATDMCT members to join the association and become part this vibrant group.Enjoy the YS Corner!
Denise A McKeown
Chair of the Young Scientist Committee
Professor Hans H Maurer proposed the formation of a Young Scientists (YS) organization and membership category, during his term as President Elect, at the 2005/2007 Council meeting in Louisville, KY. A Young Scientists Committee (YSC) was established and Frank T Peters was appointed the Chairman. Denise A McKeown soon after volunteered for the position of Secretary and was later appointed Vice Chair. At the Stuttgart 2011 Congress, founding Chair of the YSC, Frank T Peters, retired from his YSC post after paving the way for the upcoming YS members. In his new role as IATDMCT Councillor Frank will continue to work with the YS acting as liaison between the YSC and the Executive. The following was achieved during the term 2005-2011:
• YS membership has grown significantly.
• Discount for membership and congress fees was secured for Junior members.
• 3 successful Congress’s; Nice 2007, Montreal 2009 and Stuttgart 2011. YS activities: YS lunch, YS workshop, YSC meeting, scientific committee involvement, chairing scientific sessions, oral and poster presentations!
• YS Oral and Poster presentation Congress prizes were established.
“YS Corner” an established column in the Compass (IATDMCT quarterly newsletter)
Denise A McKeown, past Vice Chair, has taken over as YSC Chair and Markus R Meyer has taken on the role as Vice-Chair. Both endeavour to continue the good work of the past YSC!
Initiatives for 2012/2013!
• To recruit YS to join the Committee to achieve representation from TDM and CT YS worldwide!
• To support the Executives initiatives on Education by liaising with the Task Force on how webinars, podcasts etc can be used to meet YS needs!
• To actively liaise with the Communications Committee with ideas on how to make the IATDMCT more interactive!
• To continue to encourage YS to join the IATDMCT and to actively participate in the associations activities!
• To continue to enhance contact opportunities for YS with TDM and CT specialists!